“Equal access to quality justice.”
The Mission Statement for the existence of the Judiciary and JSG is:
“Judiciary is an independent arm of State created to resolve legal conflicts according to law, impartially and efficiently to all persons without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.
We do this by the true and proper interpretation, application and implementation of the laws of Ghana.”
The Judiciary and JSG are committed to the continuous promotion of professional excellence through the application of technology to assure quality in the administration of justice. The core values ascribed by the Judiciary and the Judicial Service are premised on:
- Independent mindedness: We will discharge our duties without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.
- Honesty: We will deal sincerely and truthfully in dispensing equitable justice.
- Efficiency: We will serve our clients in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Discipline: We will manage our resources and adhere to the internally streamlined business processes to deliver quality service to our clients.
- Impartiality: We will exercise our mandate fairly to our clients.
- Punctuality: We will be intentional about the time for our business and for serving our clients.
- Dedication to duty: We will diligently dedicate ourselves to the delivery of our mandate.
- Transparency: We will uphold the highest standards of trust, honesty, accountability, openness and veracity in service delivery.
- Enhance the judicial processes and procedures to improve access to justice.
- Develop both human and material capacity of the Judiciary and Judicial Service of Ghana to deliver on their mandate.
- Optimize the use of technology to ensure speedy resolution of cases and efficient services.
- Enhance public understanding, trust and confidence through open and transparent engagement.